Creating Purchase Orders allows Commerce Manager users to generate orders directly from the Commerce Manager. It is the manual method of generating an order for a customer (rather than having the customer checkout and complete an order from the front-end site).
To begin generating Purchase Orders, click on Order Management > Purchase Orders to view the Order List.
Optionally, you can click on Today, This Week, or This Month underneath Purchase Orders to filter the list of existing Orders.
You can view the details of an existing Purchase Order by clicking on the ID number.
Existing Purchase Orders can be deleted by clicking on the checkbox next to the ID number and then clicking on More Actions > Delete Selected.
To create a new Purchase Order, click on Create New > New Purchase Order.
The Purchase Order New page appears.
- Status - set to "NewOrder," "Submitted," "Processing," "Cancelled," "Rejected," "Shipped"
- Currency - select a Currency type from the drop-down menu
- Customer - select a Customer from the drop-down list of Contacts
- Billing Address - select a Billing Address from the drop-down menu
- Affiliate - select an Affiliate from the drop-down list. (Affiliates can be used when integrating with other systems and can only be edited in the database. Users do not have Commerce Manager access for managing Affiliates).
- Tracking Number - enter in a Tracking Number of the shipment
- Expiration Date - enter in a Expiration Date for the order if this order is tied to a Recurring Payment Plan for subscription-based transactions
- Parent Order Id - this can be used to relate Purchase Orders to a payment plan or other order. When creating a Purchase Order from a Recurring Payment Plan, the Parent Order ID is automatically associated with the Payment Plan ID.
On the right of the Purchase Order form is the Order Summary.
To save the Purchase Order, click on OK. The name of the Purchase Order will be based on the Customer Name.
There are tabs below the Purchase Order form to add more details including Line Items, Addresses, and Shipping information.
On the bottom of the form are three tabs: Line Items, Payments, and Addresses.
Under Line Items, users can select from the drop-down menu Line Items, or items that exist in a particular catalog, to add to the Purchase Order. You can enter in the keyword of the Line Item into the field and the drop-down menu will auto-populate with items that match that keyword. For example, if you enter in "Apple," all items with the name Apple will appear in the drop-down menu as a selection. To add the Line Item to the Purchase Order, click on Add Line Item.
The Edit LineItem Information pop-up appears after clicking on Add Line Item.
- ID - it is automatically generated
- Display Name - this can be edited and changed
- List Price - enter in the price that will appear for the item
- Discount - enter is the Discount value that will subtract from the List Price
- Shipping Address - This is automatically generated if a Shipping Address has already been associated with the Purchase Order
- Shipping Method - This is automatically generated if a Shipping Address has already been associated with the Purchase Order
Click Save Changes to add the Line Item.
Click on the Payments > New Payment in the Payments tab. The Edit Payment Information pop-up form appears. This allows you to attach a Payment Type to the Purchase Order, such as a credit card or gift card.
Depending on your selection, the available form fields will change. The following five screenshots show the different forms available for each Payment Type.
- Select the Payment Type as "Credit Card Payment."
- Select the Payment Method, either "Pay by Phone" or "Pay by Credit Card."
- Enter in a Payment Name, such as "Visa Credit Card" or "Mastercard Debit."
- Enter in the Amount to be charged.
- Enter in the Status of the Payment. Select as "Pending," "Failed," or "Processed."
- Enter in the Card Type, such as "Visa Debit."
- Enter in the Expiration Month (required field). Enter in this format: "MM."
- Enter in the Expiration Year (required field). Enter in this format: "YY."
- Enter in the Card Security Code of the card.
- Enter in the Credit Card Number.
- Click Save Changes to attach the Payment to the Purchase Order.
Click on Addresses > New Address to add an Address to the Purchase Order. The pop-up Edit Address Information form appears. Enter all relevant information pertaining to that customer.
Addresses in the Addresses tab become selectable under the Billing Address drop-down menu on the Purchase Order form. Click on Save Changes.
After a Purchase Order is created and saved, the Shipments tab appear next to the Addresses tab once the user goes back to edit the Purchase Order. Here the user can add Shipment information to the Purchase Order.
To add Shipment information to a Purchase Order, click on Shipments > New Shipment. The Edit Shipment Information pop-up form appears.
Select a Shipping Method from the drop-down menu, such as "Fixed Shipping Rate" or "Ground Shipping." Shipping Methods can be further customized under Shipping Methods within Administration.
Enter in the Method Name, such as "Standard Shipping."
Select an Address from the drop-down. Available addresses are based on the information under the Addresses tab.
Enter in the Tracking Number of the package given from the Shipping Provider.
Enter in the Total cost of shipping.
Enter in the Discount (if necessary) for shipment. The value in this field will subtract from the Total cost. For example, if the total cost of shipping is $10, and the discount is $2, then the total cost of shipping will be $8.
Enter in the Status of the Shipment, any relevant information.
Place a check mark in the boxes next to the Items to Ship that apply to this Shipment. The items in this form will only appear if there are Line Items already added under the Line Items tab.
Once done, click Save Changes.
Within a Purchase Order, users can then send notifications to the customer, calculate the overall total of the Purchase Order, and process Payments.
To send email notifications to the Customer, click on More Actions > Send Notifications.
To calculate the total of the Purchase Order, click on More Actions > Calculate Totals. The Order Summary will change based on the charges attached to the Purchase Order.
To process the Purchase Order, click on More Actions > Process Payments. The order Status changes to "Processing."