eCommerce Framework is built upon several frameworks.
These fundamental frameworks are:
- Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework & ASP.NET 3.5
- Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation (used heavily by the order and marketing system)
- Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (used by Catalog System)
- Mediachase Business Foundation (Assets and Customer Management are built on top of that framework)
- Mediachase Meta Data Plus 2.0 (Order & Catalog Systems)
- [Mediachase PowerShell] (Commerce Manager is built using that framework)
- Mediachase Security System
Using these frameworks we built sub systems which are designed to be completely independent from each other. The core APIs never rely on other system APIs.
The included systems are:
|Catalog System||Define catalog schema, import existing catalogs, define price lists.|
|Order System||Define order schema, connect payment and shipment gateways, customize order workflow, manage taxes.|
|Customer System||Create organization structure, set roles and permissions, extend customer or organization objects.|
|Asset System||Define asset types, extend schema, define storage destinations including amazon S3.|
|Marketing System||Create custom promotions, extend expression engine, define policies.|
|Content System||Create site templates, product templates.|
Each one of these systems can be replaced by a 3rd party application or disabled.
The following diagram shows architecture of eCommerce Framework application.