This control provides a single datasource for a menu control across a site. It is much like the SiteMenu control already built into ECF 5.1 in that doesn not display anything but rather loads menu templates that have been registered in ECF. It is different from the SiteMenu in that the new control relies on site GlobalVariable values, which are set on a site-level through a property page whereas the SiteMenu relies on page-level settings accessible in the PageDocument object and settable via its own property page.
To install this in your installation, follow these steps:
1. Unzip the project and include it in your ECF solution (either SDK or Full Source)
2. Compile and resolve reference issues, pointing to local ECF references
3. Follow this step if you have not added custom controls to the _cmsctrls folder. Otherwise, move to step 4: Under the _cmsctrls folder in the B2CSample site, add a new folder called "User". Under this folder, add another folder and name it. Under that add a Controls folder. Finally, under that add two folders called Configs and Menu. This is the folder hierarchy present in the new project.
4. Copy the ascx files from the new project into a Menu folder and the config file from the project into the configs folder
5. Add a reference to this project in your B2CSampleSite
6. Recompile the project
The control should now be visible in the CMS toolbox. It is called Sitewide Menu.
The code in the control provides a fair bit of documentation so it should help you in customizing it to your needs as well.
- It is setup to be a static or dynamic control. So you can reference it in a page template or from the toolbox.
- If you put multiple instances on a single page, they will all show the same data (as it is consistent across the site).