Review software and hardware requirements here.
Step 1: Download and Extract Mediachase ECF G5.1 Package to Local Machine
For information on obtaining a package for evaluation or for purchase, please contact Sales.
Step 2: Configure your Web Server
Manually set up a web site in IIS.
Select your OS to see the detail configuration steps:
- Window Server 2008, Windows 7, and Vista (IIS 7)
- Windows Server 2003 (IIS 6)
- Windows XP (IIS5)
Step 3: Execute a Command Prompt Script
Open your command prompt and point to the setup.exe file located in the root level of the package.
Run the script below after replacing the place hoder entries ("< >") with your unique names, passwords, and file path. The three entries with "[ ]" are optional. If you don't want to set up a virtual directory for your website, install our B2C Sample Site or quartz service, then leave them out from the script.
For more options, use setup.exe -?
Note: When running the command prompt, the user needs to have administrator rights for it to run correctly.
- There are two files with similar names: setup.exe and setup.exe.config. Use setup.exe.
- Database user name and password are used to create an owner log-in account to be used in the website. Please use unique credentials for each install. If you use the same user name, be sure to provide the same password that you have used previously.
- The Website Local Path must match the path that is pointed to by your selected web site in IIS.
Now you should be able to verify a few simple tasks on the front-end site.
Browsing Your Public Sample Site
Browse to http://localhost/b2csamplesite. The B2C Sample Site homepage will open.
Click on Digital Cameras or other catalog menus and you will be redirected to the respective catalog samples.
If everything works, you are done. If you encounter problems, please read our Troubleshooting section.