Here are the key features and enhancements that are new to Mediachase G5 ASP.NET eCommerce Framework (ECF) Release Level - 5.1.12.
Here are the key features and enhancements that are new to this release.
This release includes new SDK package which simplifies development by reducing complexity of the solution to only files that developer needs to modify.
The login screen to the Commerce Manager (back-end) now only shows the field for User Name and Password when there are one application (e.g., ecommerceframework). The Application field will appear only if you create multiple applications.
Improved Installation Process
- ECF 5.1 offers an installer to achieve a faster and simpler installation process compared to that of the ECF 5.0. Please see the installation guide fr more details.
- CMS controls accessed from the Public (Front-end) site has new features such as creating new pages and folders, as well as getting access to the publishing history.
- New Page - Allows CMS users to create new site pages without accessing the Commerce Manager (Back-end).
- New Folder - Allows CMS users to create site folders from the same location.
- Page Properties - Allows CMS users to edit the page properties of the current page.
- History - Displays record of changes made to the current page.
- Hiding CMS - Allows the CMS controls to be hidden by push of a button
- Freezing CMS Controls - The CMS controls can be frozen in place so that it will always be displayed at the top of the screen even when scrolling down the page.
- The My Account has a new left navigation menu that contains user account info. This left navigation menu can be extended with new functionality such as gift card balance, etc.
- Account Dashboard - Summary of the user account is displayed here.
- Account Information - User name and password can be viewed and edited here.
- Address Book - Shipping and Billing addresses for the user account can be set here.
- My Orders - The details of the purchase orders made by the user can be viewed here. My Orders page also allows user to reorder an previously purchased item by simply selecting the "Reorder" command.
- The Customer Management Subsystem in the Commerce Manager has been upgraded with many new enhanced features.
- Some of the key features are:
- Organizations can have sub-groups called "Organization Units" with unique set of permissions. This enables back-end users to be grouped by different regional offices or departments, having access to certain features of the site.
- Brand new UI for user accounts where customer information such as address, credit card, order history, and shopping cart items, are better managed.
- Customizable filters are now available to give flexibility ways to sort existing accounts.
- The Navigation Frame is easily customizable from the Left Menu feature.
New Business Foundation for Asset and Customer Management
- The ability to add meta data in these two subsystems has been enhanced.
- The ability to publish new objects as new nodes in the Left Navigation Frame of Commerce Manager
- Order and Catalog management will be upgraded in the future release.